RMBHandbook.com offers up-to-date information on the internationalisation of Chinese renminbi: major news stories, regulations, directories of products, intermediaries and resources. It is designed to complement the RMB Handbook: Trading, Investing and Hedging. The site is maintained by Haxius Consulting Limited.
- Heard at the IQPC Offshore Renminbi conference We attended the IQPC 2nd Annual Offshore RMB Market conference at Hong Kong on 12-13 september 2012. Here are some comments we gathered during this event… Christina Choi of SFC: Velocity indicators for offshore RMB has been increasing despite the stagnant CNH deposit level in Hong Kong. Bryan Chan of HKEx: Now there are RMB denominated bonds, REIT, physical ...
- MOU on renminbi clearing in Taiwan signed 2012-8-31 FT reports: Taiwan banks to clear renminbi transactions August 31, 2012 4:34 pm By Sarah Mishkin in Taipei and Simon Rabinovitch in Beijing Beijing’s attempt to make the renminbi a global currency took a step forward on Friday with an agreement that will let banks in Taiwan clear transactions in the Chinese currency. Establishing Taiwan as an offshore centre ...
- CSRC lower the requirements for QFII. 2012-7-27 CSRC lower the requirements for QFII. 中国证券监督管理委员会公告 证监会公告17号 《关于实施〈合格境外机构投资者境内证券投资管理办法〉有关问题的规定》 2012年7月27日 Article in the Asset magazine: Chinese securities firms to benefit from new QFII rules
- Non-residents can now open renminbi bank accounts in Hong Kong 2012-7-25 Non-residents can now open renminbi bank accounts in Hong Kong from 1 August 2012, announces HKMA. The announcement in English. And in Chinese.
- Value of RMB payments increased 17-fold since October 2010, says Swift 2012-7-23 Swift reports: Value of RMB payments increased 17-fold since October 2010, the most spectacular growth of any major currency. 23 July 2012 This month’s SWIFT RMB Tracker takes a look back at the growth of the renminbi for offshore payments since October 2010 (when SWIFT began extracting the currency and value of certain messages). Compared to any other ...
If you have any comment or question about this website, the RMB Handbook or any related RMB-linked issues, please feel to contact us.